Solid Skillet Cornbread Recipe
This simple sound cornbread formula can be made in a cast-iron skillet or prepared in a 9×9 heating dish. The base of the formula is made with cornmeal and entire wheat flour and can without much of a stretch be made vegetarian or sans gluten, contingent upon your dietary needs.
I am so excited to bring you the BEST healthy skillet cornbread recipe I’ve made to date. This is an updated version of a recipe I shared a few years back and it’s better than ever.
This is the recipe I use for the base of my cornbread stuffing (coming soon!) and I also love serving it along side homemade chili or a simple roasted chicken. It’s easy enough for a Tuesday night and delicious enough for a holiday table.
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup organic buttermilk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- Pre-heat broiler to 350 degrees.
- In an enormous bowl join cornmeal, entire wheat cake flour, heating pop and salt. Delicately mix everything together.
- In a littler bowl join buttermilk, nectar, egg, and coconut oil. Whisk everything together until it’s very much consolidated.
- Include the wet fixings into the dry fixings alongside the corn bits and tenderly mix until the fixings are simply consolidated.
- Empty everything into a lubed container 10-inch cast iron skillet or a 9×9 heating dish and prepare for 25-30 minutes or until brilliant earthy colored and cooked through.
- Cool, serve and appreciate!